The last couple of weeks have certainly brought into perspective why I stay away from most media. We’ve heard of:
– a young actress who’s lack of judgement is displayed in a public apology,
– a sick man who shoots people for no reason,
– a fried chicken pusher who hides behind his love of God to condemn those he does not agree with,
– and a fool who figures he will make a couple of bucks because he was in the wrong place at the wrong time, of his own free will.
Maybe with age, I have come to understand some things about life. Maybe I am just not interested in all the whinning the media seems to offer. I can tell you a few things:
– Celebrities should learn to clean their dirty deeds in private.
– We must pray for the victims of a tragedy. I do believe we should also pray for the guilty. I don’t know how you feel, I believe that any time a person uses a weapon to hurt another (unless in self defense) there is something seriously wrong with that person.
– I believe that the business owner has every right to believe what they want. And I have the right to agree or disagree with my shopping dollars. I also believe that fast food, fried chicken is not good for your health anyway. I personally don’t like chicken, so the effect on me is very limited. I did find their soup tasty. I am going to miss it.
– Last but not least, after confirming that the fool with the lawsuit was also the first witness interviewed that I saw, I can honestly say that I found that interview strange. He was very concerned that people knew that he crawled on the floor and had the scars to prove it. In the beginning I thought he was saying it out of guilt for leaving his friend behind. Now, I have to wonder.
So I have decided to go back to not paying attention to the news again. I live happier when I don’t know. And if it is something really big, I am sure my friends will tell me about it. You should keep informed, not inundated, with what is going on around you.
I choose to start my day with a little video that I found, and that I hope will bring you something positive to think about: