We don’t sell anything here without letting you know. We share information, we share resource and we share what we learn as we grow. So we are asking you today to SHARE SO WE CAN GROW!!!
Here is the thing. It dawned on me last week that I’ve had this particular blog for four years. Before this, I had one on a free network for two years. That means that I have been looking for my own thing for six years and it seems I have not figured it out yet.
The truth is that I know exactly what I stand for:
1) I believe age does not define us. It is as important for me to chase my goals at 47 as it was when I was five.
2) I believe that being a woman is the best thing on Earth. We are the ones with the privilege of giving birth and having children. We are the stronger ones. We have more compassion. We can do two things at once, our entire existence depends on it. And we are better looking than most men, LOL
3) I believe what is known as middle age is not something to be feared, rather it is the best time in life. It is when you first understand that what people think about you is none of your concern.
4) I believe that as horrible as my bullying experience was when I was young, for better and worse, it made me who I am. It did take away that cocky arrogance of youth too early. It left me raw and scared of doing exactly what I wanted to do. It made me better equipped to deal with bullying when my own daughter was going through it. It made me smarter than they were. It made me better. In the end, the pluses outweigh the minuses, especially now that I am doing exactly what I want to do.
5) I absolutely believe that as women, we are given the short end of the stick. We were brought up by women who believed that we should take care of everyone else first. And we do what we know. Now, we are finally understanding that we need to put ourselves first in order to give our best and give it our best shot.
And so it goes, that this blog has gone through many changes, in the process of finding my way. The five statements made above have always being a part of this process. They are actually part of my core beliefs. I need to move to the next level. And then, last night it happened.
As I was two days from finding out the next step on my journey (I have a major doctor’s appointment tomorrow), I heard two famous people bringing to light a couple of my core beliefs. Beliefs that I have been working on and sharing for the last six years. And yet, they get eyeballs and I did not. At first, I was upset. It is not the first time that I see my thoughts in someone else’s mouth, somebody more famous, more important. And I have abandoned my own beliefs because if they are talking about it then why should I. Only last night, I saw it in a very different light. Instead of stopping, this time I decided to join in the movement. Why? Because the more voices we have on an issue, the better the chances that something will actually change. Also, because we are all important. Fame and fortune does not make them a somebody and us a nobody. We are all sharing the same planet, air, water and other resources. We all bleed, cry, laugh and heal the same. It is time we all see our own importance.
So where does that leave my blog, my home business and my life? In yet, another transformation. AviddivA is what I love to be. It is my inspiration, my resource for ideas, my life’s work. And yet, some others are finally putting a famous face on issues that are really important to me. So I am designing the way the journey will be displayed. I will divide my blog post in the following order, so that it is easier to follow and so that we can get to work this new year.
1) Mondays: Knowledge from the Journey – this is the main tag for the blog posts on Mondays. It is where I explain what step I am at in my journey and what I am learning from that particular process.
2) Tuesdays: Sharing a resource – Any group, any person, any idea that is related to my core believes will be tagged under this title and shared on Tuesdays. The reason for sharing is the hope that if we can inspire one more person to join the fun, we have done our job.
3) Wednesdays: Organization – this will house all the blog post on my organizing projects as well as organizing what will eventually be the new headquarters for the business. This is where I will tell you the steps we are taking, as well as the challenges.
4) Thursdays: Ask a question – If you are a woman over 40 and have some idea that you want to work on and need help figuring it out, this is where we answer it. It might contain a video that we find on what to do, or some simple instructions, or whatever we can find, ours or some other resources. We do the research so you can do the fun part and implement that process.
5) Friday: Goal day – this is where we share the goal from the Life List that we are working on and what part of the process we are at.
Now as you can see from the title, the only thing we have left is to ask for you to share so we can grow. Our goal is not quantity. We are hoping that we have more quality than quantity. We want this to be shared among the women our age so that we all can contribute and have some fun. So click the button and hopefully we will have more eyeballs on this blog.